Little Black Book Test by Docc Hilford
by Docc Hilford
Book tests are as popular with mentalists as cut and restored rope tricks are with magicians. Finally, here is one that stands out from the rest.
The mentalist shows a little black book filled with nearly 100 different names and addresses of women. The mentalist gives it to a woman in the audience. She opens the book to any page and chooses one of the names on the pages. She shows it to a man and he also chooses a name from the open book.
The mentalist hands a sealed envelope to the woman to be explained later.
The mentalist starts with a single letter. He identifies a random letter and moves swiftly. Without fumbling or pumping, He correctly identifies the addresses, names, and phone numbers chosen by both parties! He even gives the zodiac signs.
Finally, The mentalist explains that he met with the same girl as chosen by the woman! In the envelope are three souvenirs from the previous night out, a cocktail napkin with lipstick print, a swizzle stick from a swanky night club and a matchbook cover. On the cover is written the same number as was selected by the woman!
A BONUS EFFECT
Later in the show, if the mentalist desires, he can know the zodiac sign of the woman who helped him. A simple, yet clever ploy allows for this information to be given without anyone knowing, all while the first effect is taking place.
The method based on two old principles, the first letter cue and specialty identifiers combined with a breakthrough system know as the grid means you can know everything without touching the book. It can be examined by anyone and there's never a force.
LITTLE BLACK BOOK TEST
Has these important features:
- Uses an ordinary address book.
- The book can be closely examined,
Small enough to be carried in your pocket.
- Large enough for a full stage show.
- Can be performed stand-up.
- Is equally effective close-up.
- Several participants can choose names at the same time.
- Many different revelations are possible.
- Never any forcing.
- Performer knows everything chosen.
- Performer never touches book.
- A sensational ending!
- No memorizing needed, yet...everything can easily be memorized.
- All names, addresses and phone numbers are different.
- Comes with an address book.