Selling the Impossible by John Kaplan - Book
John has successfully sold his magic services in virtually every market imaginable, including birthday parties, schools, theatres, nightclubs, banquets, tradeshows, television, cruise ships, fairs, festivals, shopping malls, amusement parks, conventions, corporate events, promotions and fundraisers.
In the pages of this unprecedented book, John shares the fascinating stories of some of his most memorable sales successes and exactly how they were accomplished ...
- how the opening act spot was landed for gigs with Jay Leno AND a world famous rock and roll band
- the proposal letter that sold a half-hour live magic show for over $20,000
- how a high profile, extremely lucrative magic promotion was conceived and sold in a market that previously "didn't exist"
- the "back door" strategy used to sell major corporate gigs - bookings worth tens of thousands of dollars
- the special show sold to an internationally renowned cosmetics company
- the plan created to successfully get front page publicity in one of the leading newspapers in a major market - PLUS the amazingly simple system that continues to build a fat portfolio of press clippings year after year
... the $8,000 birthday party show
... the Opening Ceremonies show for a nationally televised sporting event
... the half-time show created and performed for a major league sports organization
... the special show created and sold to a very well known fast food franchise
... the methods used to sell numerous shopping mall shows and promotions
By far the most valuable component of this volume is the expose and thoroughly detailed analysis of the actual sales materials John uses to sell-out his show schedule year after year.
Selling The Impossible is an inspired work that is truly inspirational, motivational and educational. For anyone interested in knowing what it takes to have a successful career in magic, this is MUST reading.
Pages: 138 - 8.5" x 11" - Softcover - Perfect Bound
"This book is a must have for any serious magician who is looking to take their marketing to the highest level. It is a complete road map to success!"
- John Carlson, Magicshow.com - Brick, NJ
"Great job on "Selling The Impossible" very well done indeed! (I finally got to read it last night). It's not just a bunch of marketing ideas and concepts, but REAL WORLD examples of how they all work to get you gigs and build a career as a professional magician - all at your fingertips! The examples of the marketing materials are a great resource for anyone needing to know the "Biz" side of "showbiz!"
- Tony Kingston, TonytheTrick.com - Calgary, AB
"Selling the Impossible was an easy read with a lot of good and insightful information. I will be using some of the information I have gotten from your book to sell some shows."
- Greg Clements, Great Falls, VA
"Wonderful - useful - inspirational! This is the 'new' Conjuring for Cash for the 21st Century - the late great Donn Davison would have loved the plans in this book for magicians who want to make 'real money'!"
- Pat Slusher, Centralia, WA