Vernon Revelations #2 (3 and 4)- DVD
History was made September 2-6, 1982 in a filming studio in St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada, as the life and magic of Dai Vernon was permanently recorded for future generations. Inspired by Bill Larsen, the project was undertaken by Videonics, owned and operated by Hans Zahn. The co-hosts of the filming project were Michael Ammar, Gary Ouellet and Steve Freeman.
L & L Publishing has now taken this original footage, digitally re-mastered it and released it on 8 DVDs. Not only can we learn by actually seeing and hearing the Professor at work, but our great grandchildren and their great grandchildren will be taught that most elusive of crafts by the grandest master of them all.
Some of the important points to be considered are:
* The format is that of a jam session, with Vernon discussing his tricks, moves and routines, and generally holding court.
* All the moves, techniques, routines, tips and handlings discussed are actually performed by Vernon or one of the co-hosts, along with a complete explanation.
* Roughly half of the subjects covered relate to the published record; half the material was new and disclosed for the first time (at the time of the video shoot).
* Many times, Vernon teaches important new techniques on the Vernon classics, including improvements, or previously undisclosed handlings, even as regards the famous Stars of Magic effects.
* Some world famous routines, such as the Coins in Champagne Glass or the Fred Kaps Coins and Silk (invented by Vernon and taught to Kaps) are publicly revealed.
* Important revelations about the Erdnase techniques, which Vernon has spent a lifetime studying, form a major part of the material.
The idea behind these videos was to capture Vernon live so future magicians can experience him.
No magician should miss these videos. Dai Vernon was the Dean of modern magic and he shares great things on these tapes. AND now the beauty of DVD offers: Superior Picture Quality Dolby Digital Sound Interactive Menus Take You To Every Trick & Explanation with just a Click of Your Remote Multi-Region for Worldwide Viewing.
Gary Ouellet Intro
The Travellers (Michael Ammar performance)
Explanation of the Travellers
Vernon on Malini's Method of Marking the Cards
Proper Way to Turn the Top Card Over
Why Vernon has the Cards Signed
The Kangaroo Coins (Gary Ouellet performance)
Kangaroo Coins Explanation
Vernon Talks About Lapping
The Balls in the Net (Steve Freeman performance)
Vernon's Story about The Balls in The Net
Vernon Explains the Moves for The Balls in The Net
Han Ping Chein with Ball
Vernon Explains What Makes a Good Trick
The Tenkai Palm Switch
Vernon Explains How He Got the Name "Professor"
Gary Ouellet Intro
The Tenkai Switch - The Pivot Move
Story Behind the Symphony of the Rings
Vernon Tells a Silhouette Story
Vernon Performs the Symphony of the Rings
Explanation of Ring Routine - Counting the Rings
Spinning the Ring
Unlinking the Ring
Chain of Three
Linking Three & Unlinking Three
The Continuous Linking
The Falling Ring
The Interlocked Rings
The Long Chain
Unlinking a Solid Ring
Unlinking All the Rings
The Symphony of the Rings -
Vernon Performs for Live Audience
The Coins and Champagne Glass - A Vernon Classic
The Secret to a Good Coin Vanish
More Coins & Champagne Glass Explanation